Dentures in Davenport, IA
Missing teeth threaten your health and undermine your appearance. They can also diminish your self-confidence and general quality of life. Dentures can resolve all of these issues.
What are dentures?
Dentures are removable appliances that can replace missing teeth and help restore your smile. If you’ve lost your natural teeth, whether from gum disease, tooth decay or injury, replacing missing teeth will benefit your appearance and your health, while making it easier to eat and speak clearly.
When you lose all of your teeth, facial muscles can sag, making you look older. Dentures designed by Dr. Jolene Dague at Dague Dental Solutions can help fill out the appearance of your face and profile. They can be made to closely resemble your natural teeth so that your appearance does not change much. Dentures may even be an improvement compared to the look of your natural smile.
Types of dentures:
- Conventional: This full removable denture is made and placed in your mouth after the remaining teeth are removed and tissues have healed, which may take several months.
- Immediate: This removable denture is inserted on the same day that the remaining teeth are removed. Your dentist will take measurements and make models of your jaw during a preliminary visit. You don’t have to be without teeth during the healing period, but may need to have the denture relined or remade after your jaw has healed.
- Overdenture: Sometimes some of your teeth can be saved to preserve your jawbone and provide stability and support for the denture. An overdenture fits over a small number of remaining natural teeth after they have been prepared by your dentist.
- Implant Supported Dentures: The strongest, most durable variety of dentures are implant supported (“snap-in”) dentures. The process involves strategically placing implants into the jawbone to which an upfitted denture can be attached. The implants help to preserve bone density while providing the greatest degree of stabilization.
How do I clean my dentures?
- Rinse your dentures before brushing to remove any loose food or debris.
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush and a non-abrasive cleanser to gently brush all the surfaces of the dentures so they don’t get scratched.
- When brushing, clean your mouth thoroughly, including your gums, cheeks, roof of your mouth and tongue to remove any plaque. This can help reduce the risk of oral irritation and bad breath.
- When you’re not wearing your dentures, put them in a safe place covered in water to keep them from warping.
- Occasionally, denture wearers may use adhesives. Adhesives come in many forms: creams, powders, pads/wafers, strips or liquids. If you use one of these products, read the instructions, and use them as directed. (Dr. Dague can recommend safe and effective cleansers and adhesives.)
Contact us about dentures
Even if you are a full denture wearer, it is important that you maintain your regular dental checkups. Call Dague Dental Solutions today at (563) 386-9770 or use the contact form on our website to schedule an appointment with Dr. Dague, one of the top dentists in the Quad Cities. She will check to see that your gums and tissues are healthy, and that your dentures continue to fit properly and are in good condition.
Highly Rated Family Dentist in Davenport, Iowa
Dague Dental Solutions is located on , 5335 Eastern Ave, Suite A, Davenport, Iowa. From Quad City International Airport Take 27th St and US-6 W/Hiawatha Pioneer Trl to I-74, Head north on Airportring Rd toward Airport Entrance. turn right onto Airport Entrance, turn right onto 69th Ave/Airport Rd, turn right onto 27th St, turn left onto US-6 W/Hiawatha Pioneer Trl. Follow I-74 to E 53rd St in Davenport. Take exit 1 from I-74, Continue onto I-74 and enter Iowa. Take exit 1 toward E 53rd St, follow E 53rd St to your destination, turn left onto E 53rd St, use any lane to turn right, Turn left, right, then right, and Dague Dental Solutions will be on the left. We’re open Monday-Wednesday 8:30am-5pm, Thursday 8am-4pm • For additional questions, you can call us at (563) 386-9770. Find us on Yelp, Facebook and Instagram.