Teeth Whitening | Davenport IA
A brilliant smile is more than aesthetics; it’s the foundation of the first impression you make. Ensure that your teeth are bright with professional teeth whitening.
Do you like what your dull or discolored teeth say about you?
According to a revealing study from a few years ago, a poor smile can make a person appear as much as 13 years older than their true age. If that info wasn’t compelling enough, another survey found that the first thing an individual notices about someone they are meeting for the first time is the quality of their smile. So, to recap, if your smile has issues, strangers will notice and they will make negative assumptions about you over it.
What is making my teeth darken?
Unfortunately, as Dr. Jolene Dague points out, it’s common for people’s teeth to grow dim over time because we encounter smile-dulling factors every day. Let’s look at a sampling of them.
- Tobacco use can certainly discolor teeth.
- Poor dental hygiene means stain-producing substances aren’t adequately removed.
- Diseases can bring a myriad of problems. Maladies that directly affect the teeth can lead to discoloration, but so can indirect factors, head and neck radiation and chemotherapy, for example. Some infections in pregnant mothers can even cause tooth discoloration in their infants by affecting enamel development.
- Medications are another wide-ranging problem. Common antibiotics tetracycline and doxycycline are known to discolor teeth when given to children whose teeth are still developing (before age 8). Mouthwashes that contain chlorhexidine and cetylpyridinium chloride can stain teeth. Other possible culprits include antihistamines (like Benadryl), antipsychotic drugs and meds for high blood pressure.
- Advancing age goes hand-in-hand with the enamel on your teeth wearing away, revealing the natural yellow color of dentin.
- Genetics can play a part, since some people have naturally brighter or thicker enamel than others.
- Trauma is a major concern when it involves damage to the enamel.
Teeth whitening for a brilliant smile
Dague Dental Solutions can help you achieve an instant smile upgrade with professional teeth whitening. Imagine the visible difference of brightening up your teeth by as much as seven shades in one simple and painless treatment. It’s the equivalent of receiving a smile makeover on your lunch hour.
Contact us about teeth whitening
If discolored teeth are sending the wrong message about you, call Dague Dental Solutions today at (563) 386-9770 or use the contact form on our website to schedule your whitening appointment. There is no reason to hold off from having the brilliant smile you’ve always wanted. If you have any other concerns about your dental health, be sure to discuss it with Dr. Dague, one of the top dentists in the Quad Cities. She will assess your needs and recommend the optimal treatment plan.
Highly Rated Family Dentist in Davenport, Iowa
Dague Dental Solutions is located on , 5335 Eastern Ave, Suite A, Davenport, Iowa. From Quad City International Airport Take 27th St and US-6 W/Hiawatha Pioneer Trl to I-74, Head north on Airportring Rd toward Airport Entrance. turn right onto Airport Entrance, turn right onto 69th Ave/Airport Rd, turn right onto 27th St, turn left onto US-6 W/Hiawatha Pioneer Trl. Follow I-74 to E 53rd St in Davenport. Take exit 1 from I-74, Continue onto I-74 and enter Iowa. Take exit 1 toward E 53rd St, follow E 53rd St to your destination, turn left onto E 53rd St, use any lane to turn right, Turn left, right, then right, and Dague Dental Solutions will be on the left. We’re open Monday-Wednesday 8:30am-5pm, Thursday 8am-4pm • For additional questions, you can call us at (563) 386-9770. Find us on Yelp, Facebook and Instagram.